Monday 2 January 2012

At the beginning of this course I conducted a survey consisting of 6 different polls to get some information from my target audience. Despite not getting a huge response, I have decided to record these results, as I feel they are still useful. 

I discovered that the majority of the people that answered my survey tend to purchase music online, through the use of digital downloads, rather than buying physical copies. This is to be expected in the modern age, as the internet is a main method of music distribution. The importance of the internet was also highlighted by the overwhelming response to the question 'How do you listen to music', with over 70% of the people answering my survey stated that they listen to music over the internet, through services such as Spotify and iTunes. 


With regards to the sale of my magazine, I also asked my audience how they read magazines. In the modern era, magazines can be read physically aswell as digitally, in addition to the use of audiobooks. However, in my survey, nobody said they listened to audio books, and infact 100% of the people that I asked said they read magazines physically. Due to this, I will not have a strong focus on being able to purchase my magazine for digital reading, as this would be an un-needed use of resources and space. I also asked my audience about subscriptions. The results on this question were fairly split. 60% of the people that I asked said that they would be willing to purchase a subscription to a magazine if they liked it enough, with 40% stating that they definitely would not subscribe to a magazine. 


Finally, I asked them some questions regarding my magazine specifically. I asked my audience 'What colour schemes do you like to see in a music magazine'. 50% of the people that I asked stated that they prefer a mixture of both bright and dark colours in their magazines, with the other 50% being split between dark and bright. Due to this, I will make sure to include a mixture of both bright and dark colours. I also asked them what appeals to them most about a front cover. Over 60% of the people that I asked said that they look at the main image of the page, so I will be sure to get a strong front cover image, and 10% stated how they looked at the masthead, and if it was recognisable, they would often buy it. The rest stated sell lines were the most important points in chance of purchase. Due to this, I will make sure to have a strong image, but also make sure to have a wide range of sell lines, appealing the the largest target audience possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment