Tuesday 10 January 2012

Draft Feedback Review

This week our main task was to go around the class analysing peoples work and giving them some advice. I recieved quite a lot of feedback, both negative and positive, and I am now going to briefly evaluate it and explain how I will use it.

This is a transcript of all the feedback I recieved:

Front Cover:
- Change the Main Image
- Try making the sell lines bigger or bolder, there's a lot of empty space you could fill. Also right-aligning it might look good. - Max
- The layout is nice, try adding a few more sell lines to fill up empty space
- The masthead looks simple, but is effective
- The masthead is good, but needs work. The sell lines need to be improved and follow the conventions of a typical Indie magazine.

Contents Page:
-You could try giving this page a bit more colour, it seems a bit monotonic but I like the consistent font.- Max
- Needs more colour and needs to follow the typical converntions of an Indie magazine.
Jamie.
- You need more pages. and also a large centre picture. i would suggest looking at more examples. Dominic Averkiou
- Colour scheme needs work. Also try and make it a bit less plain

Double Page Spread:
- Change the font. It is a bit too blocky-
- Put in the picture.. - Max
- There is no picture which makes me sad. The text looks good and shows you have put a lot of work in. There is no colour and definately needs work.
 - The stripe in the top corner looks really good.
- The colouring is really bland, try and add some brighter colours such as a red


The first page people analysed was my front cover. Overall, people thought it was quite good. The main negative feedback I recieved was to add more sell lines in the clear space, which I will most likely do, depending on what sort of picture I will be using. This was another comment I recieved, saying that the image is not suitable. I have already noted this, and I plan on doing another photoshoot in the coming weeks to find the ideal main image. I did however get some positive feedback. They said that my masthead is very simple, but at the same is very effective and does portray the retro theme that  I am aiming for.

The second page people analysed was my double page spread. This page recieved a bit more negative feedback, mostly because it isnt quite complete. As i mentioned when I posted the drafts, I was unable to add a picture to this page for an unknown reason, so alot of comments were made about putting in an image. Another comment I recieved was that the colour scheme was a bit plain, to which i'm going to agree with, and I plan to spice up the colouring a bit. However, they liked the fact  that I had alot of writing, as is required with a double page spread, so the main thing I need to work on is the colour choice.

The contents page was the final page that was analysed. This was the page that was reacted to most negatively. This was the page I was personally least happy with, and this reflected in the comments I recieved. Most people said that it was a bit plain, much like the double page spread, and that I may need to add a few more page listings. Personally, I think I have enough pages, but I may add some more in the future. People however did say that they liked the layout of the page, which I plan to add too with a few more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment